How it Works
PowerBOM integrates drawing bill of material with Inventory Item Codes.
Usual Scenario in an engineering office is as follows:
• Engineering Office creates bill of materials for each drawing of a work order
• This bill of material can sometimes refer a standard drawing
• Information is scattered across various documents
• Material reports are required in various formats for use by various departments like manufacturing, procurement, CNC etc.
• Manual work is required to generate such reports which leads to
Repetition of work
Chances of Error
Confusion in manufacturing / procurement in case of improper reports
Increased Cost and Time
PowerBOM offers a powerful alternative which is designed to integrate per-Drawing bill of materials with item codes.
PowerBOM allows definition of item codes and standard drawings as master data. This enables easy preparation of drawing bill of material and enables following features:
Consolidation over several documents and document groups for ERP and procurement
Segregation for different materials and production floor
Interface with nesting software for automatic nesting
Efficient use of standard drawing